It's 1:30 in the morning. I finished feeding Owen and passed him off to James for a diaper change. Afterward Owen wasn't very sleepy so James is walking around rocking him to help him settle down to sleep. We find that he likes to hear the sound of a soft voice during this routine. Often James sings an Ellis Paul song to him. I have no pitch and can't remember the lyrics to anything so I just talk to him and James often does this too. It's often hard to figure out what to talk about so the topic is often rather random. Sometimes I'll just describe the objects in the room or talk about what sports or activities Owen might be involved in when he gets older. One night we talked about the vegetables I wanted to plant in my garden (I think I was hungry) and another about the animals we'd visit in a zoo. Really, I just pick a topic and go with it, but I try to find something new to talk about each time. I just popped my head in on James' story to find that he telling Owen the story of his baseball career... again! I caught something about having a bad junior year. I guess it puts him right to sleep :-). Just struck me as funny and thought I'd share. Think I just heard them go into the bedroom so it's probably time for me to turn in, at least for an hour or two.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment