Thursday, January 22, 2009

One Week Old


I can't believe Owen is already one week old! It's amazing how quickly the first week went by and even more astonishing how quickly this little guy is growing!! We went to the breastfeeding clinic today to see if he was getting enough to eat per feeding. Judging from the number of wet and poopy diapers we figured he was, but I just wanted to make sure because he wasn't eating for very long per feeding. Turns out he must be an efficient eater. On Monday he weighed 8 lb 9.8 oz, within 1 oz of his birth weight, which we were told was very good (it can take up to 2 weeks). Today he weighed in at 9 lb 2.4 oz before feeding, which meant he'd gained over 8 oz in 3 days (typical weight gain is ~1 oz a day). Also he ate 3.8 oz during the feeding so I was able to put aside any worries about him not getting enough to eat. Now I can just worry about him growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment